Maintenance Technician Supervisor-Apt
Ensure each job is completed within the scope of work, safely, and achieves customer satisfaction.
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Documents all work performed on work orders.
Minimize severity or frequency of accidents of contractors and maintenance personnel through risk identification process.
Review weekly maintenance schedule.
Review and assign work to maintenance employees.
Streamline associated repair costs and job execution.
Review equipment history files.
Report maintenance performances during major overhauls.
Make sure that maintenance jobs are in accordance with all corporate policies and legislated regulations.
Aim and strive to achieve 98% reliability on all maintenance jobs.
Completes jobs within bid hours, scope, and specifications.
Communicates progress and change orders, as applicable, to manager.
Documents all work performed with approval from manager.
Performs work safely and complies with all job site rules to include workers compensation safety checklist.
Orders additional materials to complete job as needed with manager approval.
Completes time sheets on a daily basis or as job is completed and ensures submission to the apartment manager.
Completes all after hours emergency calls.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, minimum of 3 years of experience in apartment maintenance.
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
Hand Tools, Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole diggers, etc.
Power Tools Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc. User, Moved Aids Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
Mechanical Equip. Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
Measuring Devices Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet.
- Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Bend/Stoop/Squat Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and needed equipment
- Climb Stairs Service requests, make ready needs for 2nd and 3rd floor apartments
- Push or Pull Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
- Reach above shoulder
- Climb Ladders
- Finger Dexterity
- Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is to be accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc.
- Frequently outdoors
Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc. Example: Apartments during/after make ready.
Frequent need to work in awkward and confining positions.