Many of you may be planning on taking a vacation away from home. If this is the case, don’t let a would-be thief know when your home is empty. Homes which appear to be occupied or lived in will have less chance of being burglarized.
Here are a few tips to give your home that lived-in look:
• Lighting is one of the most important and yet easiest ways to make it appear as if someone is home. Investing in timers for your lights is much better than simply leaving your lights on. Timers can also be used on radios and televisions.
• Ask your neighbor to assist you in collecting mail.
• Don’t leave notes to anyone that you are not at home or when you plan to return.
• Don’t leave a recorded message that you are not at home on any voicemail.
• Don’t make social media posts about your vacation public for anyone to see.