Accounts Payable Specialist
Provide superior customer service by providing financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control.
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and process invoices and check requests
- Sort and match invoices and check requests
- Set invoices up for payment
- Process check requests
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers and ACH payments
- Reconciliation of payments
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Vendor file maintenance
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist in month end closing
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Associates or BS Degree in accounting or related field and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Accounts Payable experience
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sound GAAP understanding
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.