Our remodeling company is looking for an experienced Carpenter to join our team. We specialize in small additions, remodels, and facility and property maintenance. Responsible for designing, building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture, and other items using different types of materials including wood and steel. If this sounds like a good fit, please apply with resume and portfolio.
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select materials.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings.
- Check work along the way to ensureit's up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Build stairs, mantles, and furniture.
- Remodel homes and businesses.
- Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors.
- Repair or build furniture.
- Install partitions, doors, and windows.
- Interpret client requests and provide mock-ups for clients to approve prior to commencing work
- Build cabinets, vanities, tub and shower surrounds and other projects based on demand
- Frame room additions as needed for client
- Select and evaluate materials for defects
- Install cabinets, counters and molding
- Follow all code requirements for all remodeling projects
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 10+ years’ experience in finish carpentry
- Additional 5+ years’ experience in rough carpentry preferred
- Extensive knowledge of power tools, including skill saw, miter saw and jigsaw
- Possession of basic hand tools
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time
- Capable of climbing on ladders and carrying at least 80 pounds
- Knowledge of lumber grades and construction materials
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites
- Noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity and exposure to dust and asphalt
- Lifts heavy objects
- Walks and stands for long periods of time
- Performs physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects
- Uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue
- Effectively jumps, sprints and throws objects
- Good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
- Ability to quickly move arms and legs
- Excellent stamina