Maintenance Technician HOA
Nashville, TN • (4224 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN, 37205) – Wellington Arms
Provide property maintenance to the assigned property(ies). This is a fast paced, full time position where attention to detail and our residents are #1 priority. Above average communication, time management and customer service skills are essential.
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide friendly, professional courteous customer service.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the community in line with the established standards by walking the grounds and common interior areas daily, removing litter, debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces
- Conducts maintenance-related inspections, including building and alarm systems inspections.
- Monitor and maintain pool and pool area according to Health Department Regulations.
- Respond to inquiries/requests of the owners and management.
- Complete work requests in timely, efficient manner, orders additional materials to complete job as needed.
- Ensures job site safety and follows all job site rules.
- Perform routine, ongoing and preventive maintenance tasks as needed/assigned including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, exterior building repair, painting, power-washing, etc.
- Ensures tools, equipment, and shop areas are in optimum condition
- Inspect subcontracted service providers and document work and product quality
- Removes snow and ice from sidewalks, walkways, steps, and driveways
- Documents problems, delays, daily progress of job(s), labor used, and materials purchased or returned, and weather days on the job log.
- Attends and completes all required training
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, tech or trade school is a plus.
- A minimum of at least two year residential industry experience to understand the challenges of maintenance within property management industry is required.
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Stable job history, professional appearance
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. It is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.