Corporate Senior Accountant
Provide superior customer service by providing supervision, control, interpretation, and communication of the fiscal operations of organization to the Business Leadership, staff and customers.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions.
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, and communicate error-free financial operating results to provide information, guidance and technical support to Company Leadership and departments, including required top side adjustments for cash basis reporting on specified properties.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending, including accounting systems and procedures.
- Maintain all official accounting records in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles, as well as, HUD reporting requirements on specified properties.
- Act in a lead role in treasury management to ensure the most efficient use of the company funds.
- Overview of company’s payroll operations to ensure the appropriate general ledger recording of employees' pay, deductions, and benefit payments.
- Supervise and train assigned personnel, to ensure development of their full work potential.
- Reconcile account balances and bank statements, maintain general ledger and month-end/year-end close processes.
- Coordinate the annual audit and prepare company and customer Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Coordinate all required documentation for annual 401K audit with outside firm.
- Accurately and timely prepare all required HUD reporting for specified properties
- Coordinate all required reporting and documentation for annual audits of specified HUD properties
- Preparation and documentation of general journal entries for specified entities, plus Corporate (Ghertner & Co, Inc.)
- Coordinate and provide required documentation and support for annual Workman Compensation audit for specified properties, including Corporate.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- BS Degree in accounting or related field and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to make independent judgments which, potentially, have significant impacts on the operating results of multiple organizations.
- Ability to formulate, initiate, and administer policies and procedures for effective fiscal control.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Sound GAAP understanding
- Strong experience with HUD reporting requirements (not required but highly sought)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.