Ensure each job is completed within the scope of work, safely, and achieves customer satisfaction.
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Documents all work performed on work orders.
- Performs repairs, troubleshoots systems, and completes preventative maintenance.
- Completes apartment turnovers which may include removal and installation of cabinets, flooring, fixtures, water heaters, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Adheres to standardized diagnostic approaches for preventative maintenance, system troubleshooting,
- HVAC systems, and electrical circuits
- Participates in on-call emergency rotation and responds to emergencies as needed
- Assists in training Groundskeepers and entry-level Maintenance Technicians
- Troubleshoots all property systems, and performs or oversees repairs
- Conducts maintenance-related inspections, including building and alarm systems inspections. Assists in preparing property for inspections by Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC), Housing Finance Agency (HFA), and other regulatory agencies
- Inspects vacant units, ensuring turnovers are completed.
- Utilizes maintenance manual/software program to track work orders, inventory use, product replacement histories, and scheduled preventative maintenance
- Ensures tools and equipment are in optimum condition
- Inspects subcontracted service providers and documents work and product quality
- Walks the grounds and common interior areas daily, removing litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces
- Removes snow and ice from sidewalks, walkways, steps, and driveways
- Attends and completes all required training
- Completes repairs as directed
- Completes jobs within bid hours, scope, and specifications.
- Communicates progress and change orders, as applicable, to manager.
- Documents all work performed with approval from manager.
- Performs work safely and complies with all job site rules to include workers compensation safety checklist.
- Orders additional materials to complete job as needed with manager approval.
- Completes time sheets on a daily basis or as job is completed and ensures submission to the apartment manager.
- Completes all after hours emergency calls.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, minimum of 3 years of experience in apartment maintenance.
- HVAC experience required and certification preferred
- An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools: Hand Tools, Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc. User, Moved Aids Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical Equip. Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring Devices Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet.
- Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Bend/Stoop/Squat Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and needed equipment
- Climb Stairs Service requests, make ready needsfor 2nd and 3rd floor apartments
- Push or Pull Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
- Reach above shoulder
- Climb Ladders
- Finger Dexterity
- Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is to be accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc.
- Frequently outdoors
- Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc. Example: Apartments during/after make ready.
- Frequent need to work in awkward and confining positions.