Credit and Collections Specialist
Provide superior customer service by providing credit, legal and administrative support and services in an accurate and timely manner.
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurate and timely maintenance and upkeep of collection records within the collection module of accounting package
- Timely disbursement of demand letters
- Perform accurate research relating to all aspects of unit account information
- Accurate and timely collection module reporting, including issuance to appropriate associations
- Provide accurate account information to external attorneys
- Professional communication and collaboration with customers, both internal and external, for resolution of payment issues and/or disputes
- Application of company policies regarding payment resolutions, allowable arrangements and escalation of issues
- Other duties and projects as necessary
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Associates or BS Degree in accounting or related field and/or equivalent credit and collections experience.
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.