Maintenance Technician-Wellington Arms
To ensure that all mechanical systems and equipment are operational and properly maintained and all common areas are maintained in a clean aesthetically appealing and disinfected condition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Routinely walk the floors to include conducting roof checks to inspect for problems; such as missing lights, etc. and perform repairs as needed in accordance with company guidelines (Not permitted to perform duties requiring a license, permit, etc).
- Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Maintain professional working relationships with building staff and contract labor.
- Painting of all common areas and touch up as may be required. Responsible for inspecting areas that need painting and communicating information to the manager.
- Cleaning of all common areas as detailed in the daily/weekly/biweekly/monthly maintenance duties.
- Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting and moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
- Complete the required maintenance tasks for the following building components: common area hallways, maintenance of all common area doors, gates and rails, painting of all common area walls and ceilings, maintaining and replacing common area lighting, repairing and patching drywall, minor plumbing repairs, maintaining all HVAC mechanical and electrical equipment and domestic plumbing equipment, fire monitoring equipment, emergency generator equipment, sump pump equipment, and modifications and such other maintenance that be requested by the General Manager in conjunction with appropriate licensed vendors and contractors as applicable in order to maintain the building.
- Must be able to properly utilize new equipment, maintain in good working order and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years general experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy work.
- Must have experience in miscellaneous repairs.
- Must demonstrate good conflict resolution skills with customers and residents..
- Must have a positive attitude with a strong customer service track record.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
- Complete all required forms and work orders.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalency preferred.
- Driving when necessary
Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel Spreadsheets, and Outlook.
Ability to lift 50 – 100 lbs following appropriate safety procedures; Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; Crawl in small and tight spaces; Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain); Walk and climb stairs; Handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment; Reach with hands and arms; The use of mechanical equipment is not permitted, only hand tools with previous training. Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 8 ft). Must quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions. Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be flexible and available to work on occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays to meet project requirements.